Re:Osprey Paper and Generations ink?

After reading the comments from people who tried Osprey paper, I decided to
give it a shot with the generations ink set.  I was expecting much better
results than I have been able to get so far.  I was under the impression
that this paper would give sharp photo images.  I have not been able to get
close to the sharpness of OEM ink and paper.  Am I doing something wrong
(i.e. too much ink - too little ink) or have others had similar results?
The paper has a nice weight and texture but doesn't print as sharp as the
more expensive royal plush or the lighter weight DA 170 on my photo 700
printer. Under magnification it looks like there is more dot gain on the
Osprey paper than the other two I have tested.

  So far, my experimentation with generations ink and compatible paper have
yielded two good candidates - royal plush (mediastreet) very thick/expensive
and Hahnemule 170 (digital arts) which is much less expensive but
considerably lighter weight.  Any other suggestions for sharp photo images
using the generations ink set?

Barry

-