Re: USB or Parallel - which is better?

david place wrote:
> just wondering . . . I have a Sony computer running W95
> and there is a jack on the back marked USB in the
> instructions . . . its a weird looking this: sort of square
> and divided down the middle with two sets of contacts
> . . . excuse my illiteracy but is it a USB ?

Sounds like a USP port to me.  Are there two of them?  That seems
to be the usual configuration.

You might want to look in the Windows device manager to see if a
USB controller is listed there.  Right click on the "My Computer"
icon on your desktop, click on properties, click on device
mananger.  Scroll down the list; it should be at the bottom.

Bruce Roorda
Possum Hill Farm