Re: Rafe Meets Wizi

At 12:12 AM 1/9/00 -0800, bruce wrote:
>Rafe,
>
>Now that you mention it, I made a profile for this
>paper with the same result at one time - too red.
>I made a new one, using the same target printout,
>and it went away.
>
>It might have been due to my eagerness to try this
>new wizi software and I profiled the paper right
>after I printed the target.  I find that letting
>the target dry overnight really helps make more
>accurate profiles.  Even a few days makes a bigger
>difference.  The surface of the paper may be dry
>to the touch but those epson inks are drying for
>quite a while, and they shift color as they dry.
>I made a print this morning on arches paper and it
>still feels damp now at midnight!

That's a good suggestion, Bruce.  Now that
you mention it, I think it came up before..
but I forgot all about it.  Sort of slows
things down a bit, but I can find other
things to do in the meantime,I suppose...

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try it again.

rafe b.

PS:  I'm also seeing the blues rendered more
as cyan -- as others have reported.

PPS:  If/when Wizi/Windows is updated, how
will we know?  I don't see a version number
(much less a "help" screen) anywhere in the
program.

-