Re: Epson vs ALPS

Using the MD-5000 at 2400 dpi (super fine mode) on coated
plastic media still has some very minor banding but is as
good as, or better, than my Epson 1200 at 1440 dpi when
printing the same 150 MB file.

I can live with the banding because the ink is far more
stable than the Epson 6-ink set.  The long awaited Lyson
inkset will make a difference in the preference
calculation...when evaluated by Wilhelm.  We will still have
to wait for Wilhelm to gather the data and create the final
number which will compare the longevity of the Alps
Micro-Dry inks (not the Dye sub. inkset) to the Lyson E,
6-ink, inkset.

Both printers have their applications.

Tim Vitale
Preservation Associates