Re: Color Space -- not at all OT

In a message dated 1/1/00 12:08:37 AM, fwphoto@lrbcg.com writes:

>I've been
>
>doing exactly as you suggest & change my workspace to sRGB when I'm
>
>printing one of these images.
>

>It would seem to me that that would be the preferred method for trouble
>
>free printing. That is, not even messing with file conversion.
>

>Is the trouble worth it or doesn't it really matter?

Depends... once a file is gamut limited to sRGB, unless you intend to crank
the saturation in a larger color space, its not going to get any wider. That
leaves consistancy, say to have all the images in a document from the same
workingspace, and such reasons. But I should also point out that changing
workingspaces is not an option if your printer profiles were built in
MatchLock.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com