RE: 120 (year) paper was Kodak paper

I have been able to successfully use the 120- yr glossy on my EX (using the
Cone profile for OEM ink and Luminos Preservation Glossy). It prints wet,
but dries quite satisfactorily. Sometimes, thought, dust or fine hairs get
in the wet ink, leave marks and ruin the print.

On the 1200 however, the glossy paper prints so wet it is a mess. I don't
have the custom Cone profiles for the 1200, so I was using the free Cone
PQGP profile and decided to defer further testing until Jon comes up with
profiles for the combo (OEM ink, 1200, 120-yr papers).

I have printed the Tapestry X satisfactorily with OEM ink on both the EX
(using the Cone profile for Luminos Preservation Classic Velour) and the
1200 (using the free Cone PQIJ and some other adjustments).

Not much experimentation to date with the Charcoal paper.

Has anyone tried a custom profile for these papers on the 1200? The real key
seems to be significantly cutting back on the amount of ink. Can you do that
with a profile? (I'm waiting for Matchlock for the PC ... and, as I said,
custom Cone profiles.)

Happy New Year to all,
Cathy

http://www.catbrownphoto.com

>Bob O. wrote:
>I have tried the three "Wilhelm 120 year" papers
>tapestry X
>premium double weight glossy
>(charcoal R - maybe different family)
>which seem to be resin/gel coated
>- - with Sentinel Imaging Inks and Lyson Quadtones
>
>Very, very significant bleeding on several settings
>and with a couple of Lysons simple/generic profiles...
>
>Anyone developed workable profiles
>for dye based inks for these papers?
>
>The Wilhelm test was using Lyson E inks...
>Who the heck got that combo to work?     ;-))
>
>Also interestingly - - for the test - the ink is "Lyson",
>the paper is "Luminos" - - wonder who paid for the testing?

Dave wrote:
I tried the premimum double weight glossy and charcoal R w/ a 1200 and OEM
ink.  Both bled alot - unusable.  I was warned that the premium glossy
wouldn't work with a 6-ink printer, but that the charcola R would. Jon Cone
said he likes the Tapestry I think.  I make test prints with half letter
size sheets, even at that tiny size the print resolution with oem ink/paper
is quite good.  Printing this size will be the toughest test of bleeding
and may explain some of what drives Epson when engineering their
ink/papers.  Most of their customers are presumably printing snapshots?  I
wonder under what conditions these papers have been made to work?