Re: RGB Setup

In a message dated 12/30/99 6:49:36 PM, DSCHIEMANN@prodigy.net writes:

>What is the significance of the lower line in the Photoshop RGB Setup menu
>
>entitled Monitor:?  It can not be edited in this menu, and shows a different
>
>selection (Adobe Monitor Profile) in my program than the one I select in
>the
>
>top box entitled RGB: (my WiziWYG monitor profile).  Should they not read
>
>the same?

You need to set your system profile in the ColorSync control panel to your
monitor profile (or the Windows equivalent), and this will then be confirmed
in the monitor profile line. The RGB profile is your workingspace, and should
be set to a stock workingspace such as AdobeRGB 98 *not* to your monitor
profile. Then check DUMC to get realtime conversion to your monitor profile
as you work.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com