Re: OT: "Macbeth ColorChecker Colour Rendition Chart"

Ian Young wrote:
>Most of the test images I've seen include a photograph of a Macbeth chart.
>Curiously, they all seem to be slightly different colours...  I was
>wondering whether anyone knew what the actual colours of the Macbeth chart
>patches were supposed to be?  Answers in XYZ, xyY, your favourite working
>space or Lab all gratefully accepted.  A pointer to something on-line with
>definitive information would probably be preferred to some RGB values off
>your scanner :-)
>
>I don't own a copy of the Macbeth chart.  I do own a set of the Kodak Q-13
>"Color Control Patches".  The same question applies to those, really.
>
>I've tried Gretag-Macbeth's web site (I assume that's the Macbeth in
>question?) and Kodak's web site, with no success.

Ian,
I sent you an artificially generated version of the Macbeth chart made with
Lab values so you can read them in Photoshop, this is an averaged set of
values of course, the actual charts are all somewhat different but close
enough for some pretty discriminating work.  For the Kodak IT8 Q60 targets
the data reference files are specific to each individual batch of charts
and many are available on Kodak's web site.  They are averaged values for
each batch of charts as printed and measured.  They are available for
download at ftp://FTP.Kodak.com/GASTDS/Q60DATA/   -- read the index and
info file before you download.

Dan Culbertson

-