Re: Cable for Epson 3000 to G4 computer

<x-flowed>Max will probably answer this. In case he doesn't:
The Ethernet card is for your Epson 3000 printer. Plugs into a slot
on the back, I think, although I don't have this particular printer.
You have to either get this card from Epson, or the 3000 comes
already equiped with it. This puts your printer on a short Ethernet
LAN. You connect to it out of your Ethernet port on you Mac. I think
you will need a device from Farolon which converts you Mac Ethernet
to 10BaseT (telephone wire) to which you connect to the back of your
Printer Ethernet 10BaseT port. Then you choose (in Chooser) AT
printername (printer name is the name of your printer with AT in
front of it). There is also the possibility you can run all the way
from your Mac to the printer with an Ethernet cross-over cable.

>Max, the Belkin cable does not work. Thats why I need to hear from
>someone who is actually using a G4 with an epson 3000. I know that there
>are a few on this list that are. Why would I need an ethernet card?  how
>much is it, and why would I need it? I'm not on a network, which is what
>that is for, right?
>
>Jerry
>-
>Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
>subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.

Dick Moyer

</x-flowed>