Re: a blacker black???

Sam, all inks last for different times on different papers. You'd have to
test each one individually. Most Archival papers are really archival. If
they're made of rag and have a neutral ph they will last a LONG time. But
the ink you put on them may not. Media Street isn't done with wilhelm's
testing yet, or should I say wilhelm isn't done with the media street
papers. But Media Street says their pigment inks on true archival papers
will last over a hundred years. And the new black is about 20-25% less long
lasting than the regular black. If it lasts 20 years, its good enough for
me. I haven't noticed any fading at all with Generations inks on any papers,
yet. I had a sample in my car window for months on the dual sided matte
paper, and there was no noticeable fading. Until prints have actually been
on display for 10 or 15 years we'll never know fore CERTAIN how long they
will last.

"Sam A. McCandless" wrote:

> Jerry -
>
> Please share your by-paper data and the source of it. Thanks.
>
> Sam
>

> >No, it was about 70 years to begin with, depending on paper,
> >
> >Jerry

> >archival ability.
> > >
> > > What was it to begin with? Has it gone to 7 - 8 years from 10? To 3 -
> > > 4 years from 5?
> > >
> > > Sam
> > >
> > > -
> > > Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
> > > subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.
> >
> >-
> >Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
> >subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.
>
> -

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp Users]