Re: Big Ink info and manual just right for the door stop!

 to:Andy Darlow

In a message dated 99-12-06 14:11:01 EST, you wrote:

<< Hi Tom:

 Thanks for the great post!  The explanation sounds more complicated than
 open heart surgery, so I'd encourage them to include a video with each
 purchase to increase sales.  Maybe one of our list members will be the
 first to attempt the big-ink procedure.  Make sure you wear gloves and a
 mask and don't forget the clamps and suction! >>

Well after the first of the next Year, I will have some time to rig up some
more feed tests.

As it turns out my 1520's can drink about a full cartridge of black on some
16x 40 banners I have made!! I use black as a background fill color

I am getting into holographic banners so it looks like I will be printing a
lot of banners!

I would like to be able to use other colors than black for my sport photo
banner backgrounds and I know the tiny color cartridges of the 1520 will not
last even one banner, if  like I used red as a background fill color......So
I guess I too may want to go to a feed system.

I know the 3000 has larger cartridges but it is like 2 1/2 time the cost of
the door stop
 ( 1520) and I would like more ( cheaper) door stops than  fewer more expensiv
e door stops ( my new name for the 3000)

Since I refill at 1/100 the cost   Epson cartridges ( I pay about $0.01  per
CC of bulk ink ) the Epson 3000 has no real advantage in ink costs! I just
want as many money machines as possible! And for the same $$$$ if I can get
2 1/2 times as many money machines
( the real name of 1520's) as 3000's then I will go with the 1520's  and feed
system!

My guess is the old door stop printers will get even cheaper as most folks
run to the tiny dot 6 color printers that have caught the attention of all
magazines!

                                                   TomCat

The truth is out there almost anything is better than pay $8,000 to $6,000 a
gallon for Epson ink!
-