Re: Guardian Testing:

J. Arthur Davis wrote:

> John:
> You posted that you are having your Guardian paper tested with MIS and
> Lysonic inks, and you will have answers by Feb.
>
> Are you testing with 4 or 6 color inks? Any testing with 4 color inks
> now would probably be a moot point. It seems that a lot of people on
> this lists are starting to migrate to the 6 color printers.
>
> A lot of the discussion about inks have been about 6 colors. If you are
> going to test then why not test with 6 colors? If the 6 colors work then
> surely the 4 colors will work even better. Are you testing your paper
> with the Generation 6 color inks yet?
>
> You really need to keep up with the progress of the industry. Just my
> rambling observations.
>
> Jim Davis
The 6 inks from Lyson seem to be a bust. There are about 2.5 million
3000's on the market. These 2 facts lead us to belive that are choice of
the 4 ink Lysonic ink and Epson 3000 was the correct choice. Our
Decision to test on the Iris platform was also based on the fact that it
is a tried and true platform that still has alot of life left in it.

We decided to start with a ink set and printer platform that is well
established and proceed from there.
We do tend to take the long look at every thing we do. We did not want
to start this process with a test that would have failed. This was not a
one time test for us, we plan on this becoming an integeral part of our
paper & ink evaluations. Also, I do not mean any disrespect to any one
on this list, but it is an extremely small segment of the color ink jet
market. For every member of this Leben list there are thousands of other
Epson printer owners, many of which may have a different opinion than
you on where ink tech. is going, not to mention the millions of owners
other 3 main desktop and couple dozen or so large format platforms.

At present we have no plans on evaluating our Paper with the Generations
ink sets. I have talked with Norm about this from time to time, and we
may work with him in the future. However, at present we have not done
any testing on the ink you sell for him. We may in the future. One of
the main reasons we have not tested with this set is that I can not get
Norm to send me a set. We do not test until we open up a set and see
what it is really made of. We will not put our name behind a product
unless we verify it and test it ourselves. After we do our internal
tests, then we move on to independent testing if it is warranted.
--
John Goerger
www.weber-valentine.com