Re: Still Need Help with Our Epson 3000 Image Placement Problem

Thomas Keesling wrote:

> I posted a message a couple of weeks ago about my new Epson 3000 which
> consistently places the images on paper at the extreme right edge (or left
> edge as the paper exits the printer) of the paper when printing via the
> manual feed slot. Epson Customer Relations finally threw in the towel this
> week and replaced my printer. I had talked with six or seven tech support
> staff at Epson over the past five weeks or so and they had forwarded my
> problem to the Advanced Product Support group last week. Unfortunately the
> new printer performs exactly like the first.

Thomas:

The second printer Epson sent you exhibits the same problem as the first, so the
problem appears to be related to something in your particular setup (possibly
the driver, as you suggest). (Incidentally, did Epson say that they could
duplicate your problem on the first printer?) Have you tried connecting the
misbehaving printer to someone else's computer (preferably running under the
same OS) to see if it exhibits the same problem? If it works OK in a different
system, you could systematically compare operational environments to zero in on
the source of the problem in your system and then make appropriate changes. I
realize that it's inconvenient to lug the printer around and bug someone else
with your problem, but if all else seems to be failing, it may be worth the
hassle.

Bernie

-