Profile File Names

Well, now I'm flustered. Somewhere in the last few upgrades of either
Photoshop or ColorSync (on a Mac, OS 9) the profile file names and the
names that show up in Photoshop's profile dialog boxes have been de-linked.
Photoshop 5.5 finds a profile that shows up as "Epson Standard Printer" but
there is nothing by that name on my hard drive (not even Sherlock can find
it) and there are a slew of others that are similar. There is a "SC3000
Standard" but there is also a "StylusPhoto Standard". Which is the one that
shows up as Epson Standard?  Profiles I make myself  have the same name in
Photoshop as they have in the ColorSync Profiles folder which is the way it
should be!  Or is this an old thing that I just discovered?

So does anyone know how I can find what the actual file name is for an
Epson profile that shows up in Photoshop? Embedded in the profile itself?
Simple Text will not open a profile for me to see (in fact it doesn't even
recognise that file type).

This is a really stupid Photoshop idea. Other applications I'm using
(except the Epson driver's ColorSync box) show profiles by their real file
name.  How can I possibly manage my profiles if I don't know what they are
called?  Bad Adobe, bad bad!

Dan Culbertson

-