Re: photo problems

I noticed that in both situations it was a dark area of the image that was a
problem. Using JPEG format is always a "lossy" compression, even at the
highest quality setting artifacts are introduced that are usually more
apparent in large areas of solid color (especially dark color).

My suggestion is to open one of the originals and save it out as a PNG file.
PNG is supposedly "lossless" compression. Meaning that there is no
information lost of extra introduced in the saving process. Yet, the files
are very compact. They must be RGB files, not CMYK though. But this is best
for the Epson driver anyway.

What are the originals by the way? If they are JPEG this may be part of the
problem. Especially if you are resaving as JPEG again with even more
compression.

Hope this helps.
--
Tim Hines