New Epson 3000, Pressready, Low saturation questions

Hello all,

I just found and subscribed to this list... so thanks for being patient.

I have just purchased a 3000 that is hooked up to a pentium 2, 300 win nt
(sp4) machine through a parallell port. I also purchased pressready to rip my
print jobs--from quark, pagemaker, freehand, acrobat reader, and pshop. I have
128mb memory installed with plenty of HDD  space.

I have come to a few conclusions after running some tests, and I wonder if
people would agree or disagree with the following:

1) Printing @ 360 X 360 on ink-jet paper=not very saturated or washed out
colors, fairly fast print.
2) Printing @ 720 X 720 on ink jet paper=excellent color, very slow print

Is this the norm for all users?

Would a faster host machine _significantly_ speed up print times?

Is there a way to get the saturated color of a 720 X 720 with the speed of a
360 X 360? Maybe through a "fake" ICC profile?

Thanks to everyone in advance,

John
John R. Lenz
john@lenzdesign.org