Re: Lyson 6 colour inks

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob Geraghty <the_harper@yahoo.com>

| I'm planning to order some Lyson colour inks for my
| Epson 700 soon, but I kind of had a heart attack when
| I checked how much it cost to get started.  Because I
| need to get the black *and* colour cart as well as
| cleaning carts *and* some lyson paper, a minimum order
| of the archival inks and paper comes to about AUD$300
| (US$180).  That may not make some of the pros here
| blink but it's a significant investment for me in
| something I really don't know what the results will be
| like out of.
|
| Has anyone used the lyson 6 colour inks and is happy
| with them?  Please email me - there's plenty of other
| things I can think of to do with $300!!

well, I just did the same for my Epson Photo 750. This has quite a small colour cartridge and
empties VERY quickly. So I ordered one black and one colour cartridge (both Lyson), along with
cleaning stuff and it cost me £73! I have followed the calibration instructions most carefully but
the black is a dirty mauve! I have tried both ICM profiling with the supplied profile, and
correcting the manual way as suggested. No joy yet. Will be spending the rest of the day fiddling,
so will keep you informed if I get anywhere!

One thing's for sure - for an 'ordinary' guy, digital printing is hellishly expensive!
regards,
Bob
Cornwall U.K.

 http://www.webart.u-net.com

-
* 50% OFF!! DayGlo Fluorescent Ink Jet Ink gets your message across. *
* Be Heard! Tell us you are an Epson-inkjet subscriber to claim your *
* discount. http://www.dayglo.com (One 50% purchase per subscriber.) *