Re: Printing light cyan and light magenta (alone)

Ahh, I misssed the point of this one entirely when I wrote my suggestion
with all the detail of color specs in an RGB file.   The request was for
how to print patches of the lc and lm inks (I thought it was how to print
pure light tones of the standard inks).  More to the point of this request,
I was able to print the pure lc and lm in a stylus photo printer only by
filling a black cartridge with light cyan then printing a solid black fill
with the black ink only selection in the driver.  Then did the same for
light magenta.  But of course that won't really give the true way it prints
in the standard cartridge since it never really prints as a pure ink but is
always dithered with the dark cyan (or magenta) except in the lightest
tints.   But it does give you a way to compare between inks (I was trying
to match a thinned quadtone black to the luminosity values of all the
separate inks -- got pretty close).

Dan Culbertson

-