Re: Archival Inks for 1200?

<x-flowed>Jim, could you please educate me (and perhaps others) what you "in
the business" regard as archival, and how you use this term criteria
wise. ANSI has taken a rather hardnosed position on the use of this
term (actually abolished it - at least with B&W technologies). Their
reason was that - after many years of use within the industry - there
had developed a great amount of confusion on the use of "archival",
and thus they declared - that in reality - there were no permanent
media/materials - - only materials with "life expectancy" (LE) values.

>MediaStreet Micro-Bright Pigmented Inks are archival. They come in 6
>colors.
>
>Jim Davis
>http://www.visual-artists.com
>
>TonyHath@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>  In a message dated 11/17/99 2:49:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>>  304837@bud.cc.swin.edu.au writes:
>>
>>  << I believe that no archival inks exist for
>>   this 6 colour printer. Is this true? >>
>>
>>  Lyson and Luminos are reportedly making available archival inks for the 1200
>>  within the next few weeks.  Let's hope!
>>  -
>>  Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
>>  subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.
>-
>Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
>subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.

Dick Moyer
-

</x-flowed>