Re: He said, she said, they said....

Tony Kingkade <kingkade@san.rr.com> writes on 4 November 1999 at 21:34:43 -0800
 > Gerald Olson wrote:
 > >The wrong results, honestly achieved,
 > >are still part of science;

I think I said it, actually.  Maybe we both said it.

 > Yes, they are all part of the process and the results reflect the data,
 > therefore they aren't necessarily wrong.   Bottom line...one man's results
 > may be true, but we really don't know until they are repeated and verified.
 > Wilhelm's results may be absolutely valid.  How do we know?  Ok, he lives in
 > Iowa so that makes him credible, but some may want more.

I know a lot of people *from* Iowa up here in Minnesota, but
personally I'm always a little suspicious of those who *stay* in
Iowa.  I mean, there has to be some reason why they redesigned the
Iowa license plates to make them nearly indistinguishable from the
Minnesota ones, doesn't there?

 > Regards,
 > Tony (an Iowan)
 > kingkade@san.rr.com

(For those seriously geographically challenged, Minnesota is directly
to the north of Iowa).

:-)
--
David Dyer-Bennet / Join the 20th century before it's too late! / dd-b@dd-b.net