Re: Wilhelm's bombshell - understanding the latest test results

Jan Faul <jfaul@dn.net> writes on 2 November 1999 at 21:32:37 -0500

 > 	I really think Mr. Wilhelm is pulling the wool over your eyes. Maybe
 > it's even blue wool. Somehow Henry has elevated himself into the
 > position of INKJET GOD, and frankly, I don't believe it.

I really don't think it's productive to make this into a personal
disagreement, *especially* with somebody who isn't here to defend
himself.

I have considerable belief in Mr. Wilhelm's good faith.  What he's
doing is *extremely* difficult (trying to find a *valid* accelerated
aging test), and it's quite possible that his test procedures have
produced badly incorrect estimates of ink/paper combination lifespans.
I have known that this was a possibility all along; accelerated tests
are at best approximations.  I see no need to accuse him of bad faith
just because you disagree with a particular set of test results
(without any controlled tests to base your disagreement on,
incidentally).
--
David Dyer-Bennet / Join the 20th century before it's too late! / dd-b@dd-b.net
http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ (photos) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon