Re: Looking for info on filling Epson 3000 cartridges

> > paulgotts wrote:
> >
> > > I want to refill the Epson 3000 cartridges,--anyone on the list doing
> > > this ?
> > >
> > > I would be grateful for any tips on how to do this, and what I would
> > > need to do it.

> > Jerry wrote:
> > Paul, its Extremely easy to do. Get the bulk ink, fill the syringes with ink
> > and shoot it in the only hole that's in the cartridges.  They take 96ml of ink
> > per cartridge. Get a large syringe, or it gets to be a lot of work. Any vet
> > supply has 60ml syringes, just fill it with 60ml, then with 36 ml. BE SURE you
> > don't insert the needle more than half an inch into the hole, or you will
> > puncture the bag inside. I wrap tape around the needle at the 1/2 inch depth so
> > the needle cannot go any further than 1/2 an inch into the cartridge. AFTER you
> > have filled the cartridges with 96ml of ink, withdraw about 4 or 5 cc's of ink
> > from the cartridge. This assures you have gotten all of the air out of the
> > bladder.
> >
> > Its really easy to fill the 3000 cartridges.

Besides Jerry's suggestion, I'll add mine which is to get some empty
(Media Street has them)- or prefilled 9000 carts and refill with 220ml's
worth of ink. All you have to do to make the 9000 carts work in a 3000
is slice off one plastic tab and you've got double the ink capacity!

Aloha from Maui, Hawaii
Joseph Yates
EPSON LINKS - http://www.islandartcards.com/epson/epson.html
For links to sources of Epson ink refill kits,
cartridges, papers/media, archival inks, RIPs and more
-