Re: Using Iris Ink in Epson

Jim Davis wrote:

> Has anyone tried reloading the Iris Ink Sets into Epson carts? If you
could use American Ink Jet Pinnacle Gold Iris Ink Set in the Epsons you
could get 50 years with Somerset Velvet Paper according to Wilhelm.

I don't think it is safe to assume that ink printed by an Epson 3000 will
have the same light-fastness quality as the same ink printed by an Iris even
if the formulations were the same (they are not). I don't believe that
Wilhelm has ever said that the printer didn't matter.

Miller Abel
Santa Cruz, CA

-