FW: Wilhelm's 6 color bombshell! Epson folks (not Espon, not yet ink suppliers) printing take a torpedo...

> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:17:30 -0800
> From: "Gary" <tapo@mind.net>
> Subject: FW: Wilhelm's 6 color bombshell! Epson folks (not Espon, not yet
ink suppliers) printing take a torpedo...
SNIP

 Anyway, the "exploration" is about the differences
> inks experience and the implications of that chemically (most likely) in
> thermal heads like HP, Iris (maybe wrong putting this here), and then the
> piezzo (Epson of course) heads. Point in fact to look at: ON the Iris
Lyson
> E tested with Somerset Velvet to ~70yrs. ON the Epson it tested to 25 yrs,
> only the "heads" are different. Also worth noting is that Lyson, and
> (trickle down marketing now)many others, stated that "we" had every reason
> to expect similar results with E and SV from the Iris - on the Epson.
Well,
> guess what, missed by a factor of 3. I guess I remind myself: if a someone
> has a financial interest in what is said about a thing, then weigh very
> carefully any thing said from that source about that thing. Lyson is the
> source to the best of my remembrances that the E inks on SV predictably
> would equal the 70+yrs as on the Iris. What else being said is way off?

Gary:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe one difference in the
formulation of the Iris version and the Epson version was the much higher
concentration of glycol (used to keep ink from drying in the on demand
nozzles of Epsons).

John Nollendorfs
JN Photography
Lincoln, NE