Re: Tara Canvas Claims

Jason <news@bulldogproducts.com> wrote:

> This is not a sales pitch, but Tara canvas was tested by Henry Wilhelm on
Equipoise to last 22-27 years, the best results to this date of any canvas.
The numbers should be similar or a little better on Lysonic E inks.

Jason,

As was just made painfully clear, it isn't just the ink and paper but the
printer that puts down the ink. The Lysonic E results for Iris on uncoated
Somerset Velvet were 75+ years. For the Lysonic E on Somerset through the
Epson 3000, we read the results are 25+ years.

Your post suggests changing not one, but two variables: Ink and printer. I
think your assumptions about longevity for this canvas are highly
speculative. If I've learned one thing about light-fastness testing it's
that _all_ the variables matter!

Miller Abel
Santa Cruz, CA

-
** Dygraphics November Sale: 15% off on most 8.5 x 11 media, **
** including Concorde Rag, Somerset Velvet, Capri Canvas,    **
** and Liege:  http://www.dygraphics.com or 888-786-8832     **