From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Michael Greer
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 1999 8:39 AM
To: Epson Inkjet
Subject: VERY Interesting Film Scanner Rumor

Minolta has announced the release of a new scanner, the Dimage Scan
Elite. It's
specs are almost identicle to the Minolta Scan Speed (2820 max. dpi, 3.6
dynamic range, 36 bit color, etc.) save two important additions. It
multi
samples up to 16 times, and it includes the Digital ICE technology
currently
only found in the Nikon LS-2000

One of the articles on page 11 entitled "Can Digital and
Traditional Photography Come Together?" included a very interesting
rumor.
Jonathan Sweetwood, the author of the article, claims to have heard
rumors
about a scanner in R&D that will allow a user to scan "exposed, but
unprocessed
film.

-