Re: Prove It

At 05:06 PM 10/24/99 -0400, Peter Stewart wrote:
>Would someone please tell me what a puck is?
>
>Hmmm, other than in hockey.

It's a device used (in conjunction with its
assoicated software) to calibrate a monitor.

In most cases these days, "calibrate" means
"generating an ICC profile for."

If you do color correction based on what you
see on the monitor, then it's important that
your monitor be properly calibrated.

This used to be a *very* expensive toy,
but I understand it's getting more affordable.

rafe b.