More on 4 colour Vs 6 colour

<x-flowed>Michael Greer has made a very interesting point (started by John
Heaton - see below), that when you think about it is  more or less a
punch in the eye for six color (colour) Epson printers. Remember that
Epson can demonstrate (in the store, or buying point) superior prints
from six color printers. What they don't tell you, at least from
Michael Greer's observations, is that this superiority is fleeting,
enjoy it "quickly" because one of the "extra" colors; ie light
magenta, will degrade faster than its parent; i.e. "normal" magenta,
causing color balance to shift in ways the four color printers will
(probably?) not. Or not as much. It so happens that the "extra" light
magenta is a key contributor to skin tones accuracy or fidelity.
Imagine how Pro photographers are going to represent any digital
prints they give out (sell) to wedding clients, most prints of which
are going to be heavy on portrait like composures; i.e. faces of
people. People may be green with envy at times, but not really green.
If they turn green (on the print), they may also turn angry, and they
know your address. I am not sure what the picoliter balance is on
skin tones; percent red, green, blue (or magenta , cyan, yellow) but
if it contains "some" cyan and yellow, and the magenta fades linearly
to white, then the skin tone will turn green. And you can't run a six
color printer with a four color driver.

Maybe Michael can place some pseudo metric qualifiers on his "hold
out longer" description.