Re: Generations vs MIS was Re: Which Archival Inks?

Well, in an ideal world with lots of custom profiles or possibly a RIP this is
certainly true.

However, if all you have available is the Epson driver then there are
differences between printers because the 750/1200 puts out a lot more ink using
the standard driver than the other Epsons. In some cases, such as the MIS
Archival, I've been able to tame this a bit by correcting the image before
printing it to hold back the black. Black seems to be the biggest problem, I
assume because all the inks, black and color are used so the total amount of ink
hitting the paper is very high.

My suggestion that people specify what printer they are using for paper/ink
combinations probably should be extended to suggest that if they aren't using
the OEM drivers or are otherwise adjusting the ink flow that that also be
stated. What I do know from experience with the 1200 is that a lot of ink/paper
combinations that people say work well on other Epson printers, work very poorly
on the 1200.

Ralph

Jim Davis wrote:

Ralph:
The Generation ink and the paper remain the same no matter which printer
you use. The only difference is how the printer puts the ink onto the
paper. I can get the black to look like soft black charcoal with the
3000. Entirely too much ink for most papers. You have to adjust the
amount of ink you allow the printer to output.

Jim Davis
www.visual-artists.com

-