Re: postcards

John Matturri wrote:

> I'd like to do a small separate postcard mailing for a group exhibition
> I have prints in.. Any suggestions on postcard media that could be used
> to produce the cards on a 750? I'd like reasonably decent prints but no
> need for the cards to be equal to the prints in the show. If needs be, I
> can use photo quality paper and include the announcement in an envelope
> but if there is usable cardstock I would prefer to send it through the
> main directly.

After having a bad experience (severe reticulation; they appear to be
resin coated) with Hammermill's JetPrint Photo 4 x 6 Heavyweight photo
paper on my 750, I wrote them and expressed my dissatisfaction. They
wrote back almost immediately, apologizing for my poor experience, and
offered some advice on printer settings that would improve things (they
didn't). They also offered to send me a free package of their "invent
it!" 4 x 6 post cards (item #00066-5), and I took advantage of it. I
must say, I've been very pleasantly surprised.

I bought the original JetPrint paper at Staples, so I suspect they
either stock, or can get, the post card stock as well.

Hammermill guarantees satisfaction or your money back, so there's
nothing to lose . . .

--

- Jeff Drumm
  "So what are YOU doing on 00/01/100?"