Re: Fine Art Paper for Epson 1520

Ah Bob-- You are a prime candidate for Adobe PressReady.  You need more ink
down on paper and don't mind if too much ink bleeds a bit on some
watercolor papers.   PressReady will be your dream driver.  But it will
suck your cartridges dry in no time if you don't limit the ink somewhat
(either through one of the supplied profiles or a CMYK setup separations
setup).  I can't get over how much ink this driver can lay down in a single
pass if you tell it to do so.  And it is not a fussy difficult RIP to use.
It is selected just like the Epson standard driver, no muss, no fuss.  Even
has a head cleaning and allignment application that is similar too but more
convenient than the Epson drivers.   Worth every penny.  Too bad Adobe
doesn't have it for all Epson printers - but the 3000 is one of the
supported ones and PressReady comes with an 18 month subscription that
allows you to download plug-ins for other printers as they become available
(I guess after 18 months you need to buy a new copy if you buy a new
printer??).

Dan Culbertson

Bob O. wrote:
>Using Epson 3000 with standard driver:

>I like how Arches Hot Press holds a dot;
>90# or 140# work nicely
>
>I like how Rives BFK bleeds just a little
>and I love the deckles...
>
>Somerset is OK.
>
>Concord Rag is OK.
>
>I have trouble getting enough ink
>to go down with cold press papers
>
>Most rough papers will not get enough ink - - ever - - so far.

-
**   Tips on Refilling, Refill Kits, Archival Ink, Cartridges, Paper **
**   Order On-Line  http://www.missupply.com  Save $$$$     **
**   MIS ASSOCIATES, INC   800-445-8296   Kits Ship Free!   **