Concorde Rag and Longevity

Dr. Wilhelm has given Concorde a 100 years plus rating with Roland's
pigmented inks. The paper "has archival properties", otherwise this
rating would not be possible. Different inks will react different with
Concorde Rag or any other media. Legion West submitted Concorde Rag for
testing with the Lysonic E series ink to Dr. Wilhelm last April and as
we all know, the results are still pending. Legion West has not
submitted Concorde for testing with the MIS inks. MIS claims longevity
for their inks on a variety of substrates but third party confirmation
of the longevity on any substrate is still pending.

I think this is why it is necessary to get third party confirmation to
support longevity claims. It would be ideal if we had the horse before
the cart (longevity testing done before product release) but this is not
likely to occur in the near future. I personally believe that it is best
for the manufacturers to understate longevity claims until the third
party confirmation is available. Whether this is happening remains to be
seen. If any manufacturer overstates the results, this will obviously
hurt all parties concerned i.e. user, retailers and manufacturers.

Daryl Clark
service@dygraphics.com
http://www.dygraphics.com
888-786-8832 (Number is back on line)
760-735-8832
-
**   Tips on Refilling, Refill Kits, Archival Ink, Cartridges, Paper **
**   Order On-Line  http://www.missupply.com  Save $$$$     **
**   MIS ASSOCIATES, INC   800-445-8296   Kits Ship Free!   **