Re:fading

Here's something that may make some of you feel better. Or not. You no doubt are familiar with the overpriced "Wildlife Art" Limited edition prints available in Wildlife type art galleries? The ones that are run off by the
thousands on regular printing presses? Well, guess what! They fade! I've seen some that aren't more than 10 - 12 years old and they look pretty bad. And these are properly framed and behind glass. There have been a few posts on
this list that indicate even some of the new archival inks fade. So the truth is we'll never know for sure until we see them fade in ordinary exhibition conditions. Kodak's color prints fade in a few years too. They used to say
that like all dyes, their prints will fade in time and that they wouldn't be responsible for any fading. I haven't seen that notice for a while, but their prints still fade. Take a look at some of your early color photos. Faded!
So I guess we shouldn't complain too much. We're in good company.

Since I like to complain, I'll still do it though.
Jerry

-
* Free Ground Shipping to 10/31 for Leben members! (Select Leben for    *
* shipping). Now available The Hahnemuhle Collection of Fine Art Papers *
* Digital Art Supplies at http://www.digitalartsupplies.com             *