Re: RIPs and dithering.

In a message dated 10/13/99 9:35:05 AM, ernst@dinkla.demon.nl writes:

>And in the several-hundred-dollars-and-up category for the 9000?

Well, PressREady is not available in that area yet, so you need to look at
the YARC PCI board RIPs, the AccuPlot RIP (for the AccuPlot Mutoh printer,
don't know about the Epson 9000 Mutoh printer) and the EFI RIP, which is the
Fiery hardware option. This last one is likely to be based on CSAs and CRDs
rather than straight ICC profiles. I don't have a comprehensive list of the
options, as I'm not testing them at the moment.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com