Re: Epson Books why not go online??

 CD said :

 <<
 Yes, I find that to keep on top of this I have to be actively involved with
 the software prior to release, so that the material is actually written
about
 the beta, then corrected at the last minute for the release version... But
 writing aqout a broad array of software and hardware, and the
 interrelationships of them, and the current best choices is shooting at a
 very fast moving target. For instance i I had completed a book on cost
 effective color management long enough ago for it to be in print and
 available today, it would not contain any information on WiziWYG or
 PressReady, and have to be based on version one of EZ Color and PowerRIP5.

 C. David Tobie
 Desig >>

I agree with CD that the dynamics of almost all printer and related image
tech. is really fast moving these days. too fast for print media

I think an on line book that is changed or edited monthly or quaterly is a
concept whose time has come!!

I mean if enough of the collective minds from this list could agree how to do
it we could author diiferent areas.

For a small fee you could enter the page and  see what's new??

Just a thought but man I sure would be willing to shell out a few bucks to
get  just a small  chunk  of the collective smarts first hand from some of
the Wizzards we have on this list??

The basic sections as I see it are:

                       printer set up  This is a problm for a lot of folks

                      media selections

                      image capture and management

                      phot shop stuff

                     Other "pet programs"

                     printing with color management

                     How to make a buck with your new toy

                    How to market what you know how to do

                    The high tech stuff?/

                    Fine arts how to's

                   How the heck to maintain your printer

                   open forum ???

                    price listing like what are folks charging??``

I mean if the sections are maintained then in seconds you can go to the area
you need help in?/

And you could have a message board where the real brains are!!

                      What you you guys think?

                                      Tomcat

                               Interactive Imagery

-