Re: PS 5.5, Epson PhotoEX and Adobe RGB (1998)

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use a Nikon Coolscan III and PS 5.5 and an Epson PhotoEx all
> using the Adobe RGB (1998) colorspace.  The issue I am having is my prints
> look very washed out compared to the monitor/scan.  I have calibrated the
> monitor and have pretty good results using the sRGB space but I find it much
> to limiting for print work.  Is anyone using a similar configuration with
> good results?  Yellows seem particularly washed out in the print.  Any
> ideas?

I may have a solution for you.  Go to the nikon
web site and download nikon scan version 2.5.
With this new software you can have the nikon
software scan to the adobe rgb working space
directly and this may solve your problem.  I'm
using it with my ls 2000 and epson photo ex and it
works quite well.
-bruce
-