Re: RE: Quad black - help!

In a message dated 8/23/99 9:00:18 AM, stuartredler@bigfoot.com writes:

>Dear everyone who got back to me regarding my problems printing B&W via
>my
>1200. I'm trying everything suggested and will let you know what happens.

 Can't resist adding another angle to this: The problem is slight color casts
in neutral grays; creating a good CMYK ICC profile will neutralize such color
casts (if you wait for the target to dry before reading it, so that the color
tints have developed), giving you a much more neutral result from colored
inks. This is a high cost method, but worth pointing out... a scanner based
RGB profile is going to have two strikes against it in attempting this.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com