Back from vacations ??? Ink degases it does not boil...ok ok

Just a quick note  for those of you who are new to the list welcome.

If you are returning form a short or long vacation ( luck dog) you may have a
clog problem waiting for you.

Some but not all Epsona like to be run at least once each 2 weeks or so.

Sooo... if you seem to have a few clogs the Windex trick is very easy to do
and works!!

You first need to get the printhead off the cleaning pads , those foam rubber
things that the printheads spray ink inot when cleaning.

Turn on the printer wait about 5 seconds and turn off  ( by unplugging the
power cord) this will kill the power when the printheads are not parked and
locked into the "home postion"

You can then very slowly move the prithead ( the thing holding the
cartridges) to the left until you see those cleaning pads.

 Hint the cleaning pads should have all the color of the ink on them!!

Drop about 5 drops of Windex on these pads.

Plug in the power cord and turn on the printer. for 45 seconds then turn off
using the power button on the printer do not unplug the cord again!!

During this time ( 45 seconds) the printheads will slowly find the home
postion so do not be worried about the strange movements of the printheads
they are" lost" until they find home.

This will repostion the printhead over the cleaning pad and park the pad
tighly agaist the printheads.

The cleaning pads are mounted on springs and when parked the springs push the
pads into the prinheads to cap off the nozzles.

  Note not all printed have all of these exact features but guys what I am
telling you does work!

Allow the printer to sit for at least 15 minutes overnight is better!

Then run a nozzles check.

Hint:: printing a page of the color you are showing a nozzle block can really
help it can be better than just a clean cycle!! sert at 1440 Dpi and vivid in
the print setup menu

If you still have skips then do this again!!

                             Warning!!!   Warning!!!

   On The 600 and other Epsons the cleaning pads are mounted on 5 to 6
springs!!!

   Be very careful not to "sling shot" the pad mounting frame off the postion
they are in you may knock of the springs.

   This has been reported to me it did really happen so just be real careful
arount the pads they are spinrg mounted and if you are too rought those
spring will jump out!!

          The ink boils ( deair)  subject will be reported in full next week.

  note: For all you tech types true the ink does not really boil it degases
or deairs but 99.9% of the folks seeing this would say it boils so I will say
it boils too just let it go!

You know jet figher piolts and NASA even say your blood will boil at 80,000
feet without a pressure suite  and these guys are no dummies!

I could care less what other folks try to guess I will just post the real
facts as they happen

The plain facts are some but not all inks have a low enough vapor pressure (
the point at which the ink starts to generate vapors as some ink componets
change phase into a vapor and this can form bubbles) when they are in a low
pressure refilling syringe.

Hey guys if the ink you use does not boil great all I posted is that some
inks do!!
By the way the same ink on different days may have different vapor pressure
due to the amount of  the dissolved gases in the inlk!

And unless you have xray eyes even I am not sure if the ink generates bubbles
in the cartidges but if the conditions are similar to those in a syringe (
low pressure) then it is a real possiblity.

But I sure know what a foamy mess I got out of a test refilling and I had no
air leaks because I tested for them before and after the refill test!

Plain facts can only be presented what you do with them is up to you!

This forum at it's best is a location for us to post what you actaully have
found out not some far out what if  ""think tank!!""

I posted what really happened if some  of you want to figure out why be my
guest but for now it is better just to take in the facts.

                                                      TomCat

-