Re: guardian paper?

Ralph O Brown wrote:

> Have you tried this with the 750/1200 series printers, with OEM and archival
> inks (MIS, Media Streets, Lyson?)?
>
> Ralph

On the 750/1200 series printers, using OEM ink we are seeing some
problems. The problem is more with the carrier fluid than the actual
dye. We are working on a solution for this and will have a product in
the near future that will work on the 6 ink epsons. This is the same
product that will work with the Roland Pigment inks. Without going into
detail, (we do not want to give away our secrets) even though the Epson
OEM inks and Roland Pigments are very different, the solution we are
working on will solve both problems.

We have not tested this paper on any 6 ink, archival inks. We do plan on
doing so in the near future.
For now it appears that the Guardian Paper will work with the following
INKS.

HP OEM - ALL TYPES
Canon OEM - ALL Types
Epson OEM - 4 INK ONLY
LEXMARK OEM - All INKS
ENCAD OEM - ALL INKS
COLORSPAN OEM - ENDURACHROME
MILEHIGH - EPSON 3000 and ENCAD ARCHIVAL INKS
LYSON - ALL 4 ink, inksets
LUMIJET - ALL 4 ink, inksets
INDEPENDENT INK - VARIOUS PRIVATE LABELS
GRAPHIC UTILITIES - PIGEMNT INK FOR ENCAD
These are the only ones we have reports on.
Of these we have only seen actual results
and are doing stability tests on,
LEXMARK, EPSON, MILEHIGH, LYSON.
We are continuosly looking for different ink sets
and will make the information available as we
compile it.
--
John Goerger
www.weber-valentine.com