Re: Archival options for the 5000

In a message dated 8/20/99 9:48:29 AM, MartyF2938@aol.com writes:

>What are the archival options for those of us using an Epson 5000? Are
>there
>ink sets and papers available in the USA?

Until light cyan and light magenta inks with good life expectancies are
introduced the 5000 would be best used for archival work with drivers that
access only four of its carts, dumbing it down to a four color printer. I've
been told that such RIPs exist, but have not pursued it, so have no direct
knowledge. With such a driver it would be possible to use 3000 archival inks
in the 5000, as long as they were not pigment based.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp Users]