Re: ink comparisons

Cathy Brown wrote:

> Oops, I can't remember which inks you are comparing Jon.  Fotonic and
> Silver? Anyway, please let us know.
>
> Also, do you have any idea when the Silver inks will be available for the
> 1200?

	'Fotonic' and 'Silver' inks are virtually the same, or as Mr. Cone has
said earlier, "...peas in a pod." The biggest difference is the
packaging. I don't think the problems which some foresee between the two
competing brands will ever occur, but there will most likely be a price
war at some time in the future..
	Fotonics and Quad Blacks for the 1200 should reach the US during the
fall (sometime after Seybold), as I would guess that Lyson is presently
working on perfecting the light cyan and magenta inks.

Jan
--
faces 'n places http://www.artfaul.com
Agfa gallery    http://www.agfaphoto.com/gallery/pf9707/index.html