Re: Re:Bad news about printing B&W images with color inks

Jerry -

I have encountered the same problem, as a matter of fact just today. The B&W
prints I make are for B&W reproduction and they will be scanned in the
grayscale without any color, so they are not as critical for me.  I can offer
only one suggestion that seems to lessen the problem but not do away with it
entirely. What I do is to "desaturate" the image before saving and printing.
When I do work with B&W images it is always in RGB - for two reasons - one,
some of the images are converted from color (by desaturating) and two I scan
my B&W images in RGB (on a Nikon LS-1000) because they seem to look better
that way.

Hope this helps...

Richard Benjamin
-
* Free Ground Shipping (N.America) for two weeks only! We have a wide *
* variety of Ink Jet Coated Photo & Art Papers, Canvas and Specialty  *
* Inks.   Please visit us: http://www.digitalartsupplies.com          *