Re: Need Photo Ink Advice

In a message dated 8/17/99 7:19:22 AM, peterstew@earthlink.net writes:

>Is there anyone here specializing in accurate, archival photographic
>printing that can help me? I have to order the inks withine a few days
>and have no idea which was to turn.

I believe the solution that will be best for you with the Stylus 3000 will be
the Fotonic inks (I'll be more emphatic with that once I have generated what
I consider a relly good profile for them, but they certainly have the
potential, and are not too outrageously priced for the 3000) with Adobe's
PressReady RIP (again, more on that later), when that becomes available, and
profiles to match.  This combination should allow PostScript text as well as
excellent color and dithering, but it will not be available all at once in
the next few days...

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com
-
* Free Ground Shipping (N.America) for two weeks only! We have a wide *
* variety of Ink Jet Coated Photo & Art Papers, Canvas and Specialty  *
* Inks.   Please visit us: http://www.digitalartsupplies.com          *