was: Best" color slide film/color neg stop this ! now ???

Tim Olive  Said :
(((But without a certain mastery of the film and camera it can well STAY
inside  your head.))
First: having seen and admired  your  work for the last 15 or 20 years I
it hase been a source of inspiration
know where you are coming from  here is what I was trying to say:

Iâve been a  professional  photographer  since 1965  and used every
popular  camera  and combination of film and chemical possible, I even
had to use a nikon to shoot a add for a minolta camera  because at
that  time  the lenses where awful,  all things considering   the best
camera and lenses are to be used for the best work possible which ever
makes anyone happy,
( my use of lower case for product names is my condemnation of the
equipment industry poor participation  in development and distribution
of information about their product considering what is available in the
research and development area )
The cameraâs and the film that we have today  is the best it has ever
been, people need use it, get an understanding how it works, then
create  stuff  to change the world for the better.   Having  been a
teacher  for a while  one of things I learned  from my students was
that   no matter  how many times I explained  things to some people
they wouldnât get it, until they did the experiments them selves.
unless they  ãjust do it ã, they  will never be able to  master  the art
of it making images that create an idea in other peoples minds.
they,  ãmy studentsä   taught  me so much about making images that
speak  rather than   just taking picture of what is  their in front of
them.

The greatest  problem  is most  people  do  not reading the manual, (
and all the time  I thought I had a comprehension problem),  hopping
someone will give them the magic  answer to what ever thing they refuse
to read about.
some of the question on this list can be found ã in the bookä  as they
say

 That said,  photography  having been around this long,  one would
think that we would be farther along in developing and accepting  the
variables of this language  we call  photography.

What this thing called  computer manipulation has done is make it
possible to explain what I see and feel and make it possible to change
the image to reflect what I had in mind  and possibly change the world
around me.

giannetti@macconnect.com

-