Re: Eric's 14" scanner problem

In a message dated 8/10/99 4:28:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
wardie@funphoto.com writes:

<< Buy a lower cost A4 or Legal scanner, and scan 2 overlapping
 halves and join them in Photoshop. I do this all the time
 with watercolors and it works fine as long as your scanner
 is a reasonable quality one and produces uniform scans from
 edge to edge.

 Eric:<BTW, I am wanting to scan the artwork (most of which
 is black and white)
 directly, not from slides.  I have found a scanner for
 around $2000 that
 should cover my 14 inch width work. >

What scanners to you recommend for this procedure?  I will probably go with
the wider scanner, but I would like to check out my options.

Thanks
Eric