film negative orange dye

"Since negs have a yellow-orange base color to correct for C-printing,
"how can you scan a neg as though it were a pos and then correct in
Photoshop? How do you remove the base  color? I've tried with no luck."

My answer is tongue-in-cheek and not meant to offend: every 35mm
scanner I've met has a pull-down menu to preset the scanner for approximately
the type of film you will be scanning. The Nikon LS20 offered about eight
different color-neg options; the new Canon 2710 offers two.

Let the machine do the work! That's why it gets the big bucks!

Arnold

Still interested in silver process? See "Exploring Black & White Photography"
Second Edition, a Times-Mirror publication, ISBN 0-697-12523 - 8.