Re: Warming flushing or cleaning solutions? what is backflushing

    to: Mitch

In a message dated 99-08-03 00:15:05 EDT, you wrote:

 TMorris862@aol.com writes:

<< I also have used a manual backflush pump made from a syringe and silicone
  Model airplace fuel line. The fuel line fits over the ink spikes( in the
   carriage) and you can power flush during the clean cycles!>>

                                       You wrote:

  ....This allows you to 'actually see small  particles in the cleaning
solution' which could not be seen if they were  flushed in the usual
direction into the cleaning pads or spent-ink resevoir.  Is this correct? ...

By backflush I mean I both push ( force solution in the feed direction) and
pull
( reverse the direction) on the syringe and pull on it.

The particles in question are the gunk that is pulled out of the print heads.

The cleaning solution should be clean to start. As you work the syringe back
amd forth some of the gunk in the printheads will be sucked up into the
syringe.

I found that IT WAS POSSIBLE TO CLEAN OUT A TOTALLY PLUGGED PRINTHEAD IN JUST
A FEW CLEAN CYCLES.

This back flushing should only be used as a last resort when all else fails
to unplug a printer.

The printhead can be damaged if you "kong the syringe"

Also use the largest diameter syringe possible this will keep the pressure
down.
 I used a 30 CC syringe

You see you will generate far more pressure with a small syringe than with a
large bore syringe!

                   pressure = force x area and for a given force ( you
pushing) you generate
                                     more pressure with a large syringe than
a smaller one

Be real careful with those plastic ink spikes or nipples on the carriage they
can snap off them you are dead!

                                                   TomCat