Re: dual printers

Alan,

Sorry, I didn't address this part of your mail.

If you have two models of the same printers, you can handle it quite easily.
You go under the parameter/printers pannel and choose add a new printer,
you may be asked for the driver and have then to indicate the port (which
could be the same of the other one, or a different one) and to choose the
appropriate settings if you don't want the printer to use the defaults. You just
name it differently. Then before printing you choose the printer to which you
want to send your picture.. There is only one printer active at a time so there
are no problems.

It is even possible to add many printers icons for the same printer and then to
choose them as if you were choosing between different printers (It is what I
do with the two or three configuration I'm using most of the time).

> 2. are the same but are set up
> > differently? I am thinking that there could be shared files nd not
> > shared files with the same name, etc. that could conflict. For example I
> > just had my Adobe Illustrator filter commands replaced with the
> > Photoshop filters! Still scratching my head about that.

Christiane Roh  rohcris@vtx.ch
http://www.multimania.com/lunebleue - look for the new series :
http://www.multimania.com/lunebleue/Nyonpark/NyonInt.htm
C'est toujours a l'imparfait de l'objectif
Que tu conjugues le verbe photographier (Jacques Prevert)
-