Re: epson 1200 cable

At 09:54 PM 7/26/99 -0400, Tim wrote:

>I can print a photo 8x10 on my 200mhz mmx computer and the same on my 400mhz
>computer and there is night and day difference in the print speed.  The
>200mmx computer struggles to keep the printer running.
>Tim

I'd certainly agree with that observation, Tim.
No question that the Epson driver asks a lot from
the host computer.  This has been noted quite
frequently by others on this listserv.

One fellow with an old '486 reported print times
in the several-hours range.  Ouch!  A few of us
told him to get a new computer, and nominated
him for sainthood, for his patience.

rafe b.