Re: epson 1200 cable

The serial port is 115.2kbps, not kBytes per second. Given the transmission
is async, you are getting 10 bits per char, so it is more like 11kBytes/sec.

You can make 100ns highs and lows on the parallel port with a good driver,
so the port is capable of 5Mbytes per sec. However, it is likely that in
real life speeds of 2Mbytes/sec is the upper limit.

I'm going to pick up a usb cable today and just do the test. There is
nothing like a real life comparison.